Life in Oregon has grown on us; much different than it was in the San Francisco Bay Area. Supposedly small town life fosters a slower-paced life, however we still find ourselves busy as can be. David continually takes on new household projects such as developing a quarter acre garden/fruit orchard while Judy works at her writing and speaking. In addition, David has continued consulting at Lockheed Martin thus we return to our condo in Mountain View for approximately 1 week every month. Thankfully, we have found a great community of friends in Grants Pass. Our home in Oregon is such a restful setting that we’ve christened it “Sheep’s Rest”. In the short time we’ve lived here our souls have been restored as we experience the serenity of Psalm 23.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for His Name’s Sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou annointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
We are asking God to use our home as a place where weary sheep from the flock can come for a short rest and a time to rejuvenate. Solitude with the Shepherd. We welcome you, our friends [weary or not] to come. Relax & Rest from the fast paced routine.
Photos of Sheep’s Rest
- Has beautiful views in a park-like setting with privacy on a 3 acre lot in a valley facing a small pine-covered mountain
- Has a cozy sitting area before large stone fireplace with hardwood floors and vaulted ceiling
- Has a man-made waterfall to a small pond, with pleasant auditory ambiance in the surrounding beauty
- Has an indoor heated swimming pool with spa
- And, of course there is an extra bedroom for our out of town guests
- In addition, Sheep’s Rest is located just outside of Grants Pass, so Click Here for just some of the attractions and reasons to spend time in Grants Pass area.